I apologized to my neighbor tonight. She was much kinder than she needed to be. I feel so terrible I lost my cool and blamed her; she tried to tell me it wasn't her and I choose not to believe her.
A little excitement today. The company I work for took over a Chevron gas station in Idaho Falls. It has a convenience store. The company will put in a Burger King which is their "thing". We are training a few people to work down there.
Today our district manager came in and sought me out. It is only the second time he has spoken to me. He told me that he would need my help in Idaho Falls. He wants to take pressure off my manager because her assistant in our Burger King is out on complete bedrest until her baby is born.
So the district manager wants me to work in IF. I told him that I had wanted to talk to him about the job. I explained that it is me supporting a family and I need to make more money. He asked what I was making and I told him; he asked what I would need and I told him. He said he felt that would be totally do able. But he couldn't make any promises. One of the owners will be here tomorrow and we will talk.
It would mean about $10,000 more per year than I am making now. It would be such a good move. I don't know everything, but I have learned a lot during this last year working for my manager. She is such a control freak she won't let me do a lot but occasionally she will give me information which I have tried to put into the back of my mind.
I don't know what will happen. But the district manager was the one who told me he wanted to talk and when I said I had been wanting to talk to him he said it made him very happy. So that could be a good sign.
I know my manager will do everything she can to not make it happen. She has thought she would be running the show. So if that doesn't happen it will make her mad. But it would be a HUGE blessing to me and my family.
Four months...four months....I went through the cemetery today. I had a little time to just sit there. Dang Steffen Ritchie!!!! I find myself just wondering where he is and what he is doing. HOW COULD THIS BE SO HARD???? Just when I think I have a handle on things I find that I really don't. Right now, well, it can't be hard to tell that I don't have the greatest handle on things.
Well I am beat so I am going to end my day. Goodnight.
No comments:
Post a Comment