Today started off ok. But by afternoon it was cool and rainy. Welcome to spring in Southeastern Idaho. Although the grass looks nice. So who's complaining??
It has been a quiet day. It was quiet at work today. I got all my paperwork done, then some. So that was nice. I don't mind quiet days, but it is hard to keep myself there when it seems there is nothing to do.
Anna has been on spring break, she goes back to school tomorrow. I am bummed. I like sleeping in a little. Just six more weeks of school!!!! But then she will have a summer job to get to at about 7:00 every morning.
Can I just say I am so tired of ignorant people?? David used to work the 7-4 shift everyday. After Steffen died I asked if he could work 8-5 so I didn't have to make two trips every morning. We would just take Anna then take David. So for a few weeks he did that. He got a new assistant manager who is over him. So David's schedule got all whacky. He was working like 2-11 or 1-10 or something. It was getting hard because it was late getting him and having to get to work was hard. So David asked if he could work any shift other than a closing shift.
For weeks he has been working 10-6, 11-7, 12-9, or some such thing. It is becoming a problem getting him to work. Matt has helped me but he got a job in Idaho Falls so he can't help me much anymore. So I asked David to have his assistant manager call me so I could talk to him about these strange shifts. The manager calls me today. I don't know him, I don't think I have ever met him. I tell him that getting David to work at 10,11, or 12 is going to become a problem. I work, David doesn't drive and I can't always take time off work to get him there. Would it be possible to move him to a morning shift??
So the manager tells me he can't guarantee getting David on a morning shift because that is the shift all his associates want. Does anyone live near us who can get David to work? Can he carpool with someone? No we live out from town, no one lives near us and it isn't possible to get David there some other way.
He tells me that David has never mentioned that the weird shifts are a problem all David ever said was he can't work a closing shift. I try to explain that I am the only one here now and it would help me a lot if he could work something out. This guy did not listen to one thing I said. I finally got so pissed I just told him not to worry about it, keep things the way they are and we will work it out.
When I picked up David tonight he said this manager isn't the kind of guy who you can talk to. David said for me to call the general manager. I refuse. It isn't the general manager's problem, it should go through David's manager. So I guess we will figure it out. David might have to do a lot of waiting around.
There is always something to worry over. My life seems to have a lot of that lately. But we will get through it and be better because of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment