Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sunday Evening

We woke up to cold and snow. YIPPEE!!!! Can I tell you I miss warmth?! The daffodils are coming up with snow on them. Oh, well, at least at this point we know it isn't going to last a long time.

We are down to just six days. Hard to believe. Matt's parents will be here tomorrow. They are driving; taking the long route from Tennessee. They went to New Mexico to see Matt's aunt. I think they will be nearly dead by the time they get here. I am looking forward to them being here.

Leah has taken a leave from school for two weeks. She did it so while she misses classes it doesn't count against her hours. So she doesn't lose hours and doesn't have to make them up. It was probably a good idea. She was worried about being gone for a few days.

She moved some of her things over to the apartment today. It is looking nice. But she is finding out how much junk she has. She tends to be a pack rat so it is good for her to have to clean out and get organized.

Our stake had Stake Conference this weekend. Leah, Matt, and I went to the adult session lastnight. I can't quite figure out our stake president. It seems that he often just opens his mouth and whatever falls out is what he is speaking about. Then sometimes he talks about things that seem so "deep". I can't figure it out.

Lastnight's session was about the Law of Consecration. He spoke about wealthy people and how much they need to help the poor. I am certain there was more to it, but it seemed that was what he kept repeating. I know I am way wrong; but I left frustrated. I don't think I got it.

This morning David and I went over for the Sunday session. It is broadcast to our two other buildings in our stake because our stake is so large. There was terrible techinical difficulties today. We couldn't hear, the picture didn't work, it kept kind of fading in and out. So many people left to go to the stake center. David and I came home. I didn't think going to the other building would work; it would be packed. Bad attitude, I know.

I don't know what this week will bring. So it might not be the best for writing. I will try to keep up but can't promise I will. But I certainly will give you details of the wedding next weekend. I am so looking forward to being in the temple with Leah. Something my own mother was never able to do.

No comments: