It was a quiet day here. We listened to Conference, went for a long drive, got David back and forth to work, and took a short nap (way too short in my opinion).....
I am on Anna's poop list. Anna has always been my child who speaks without really thinking about what she is saying. She tends to just let whatever is on her mind fly out of her mouth. There is no gray area with Anna, it is only black and white.
She has been counseled many times to watch what she says, think before she speaks, think about others feelings, don't just say whatever, etc......she seldom listens to the counsel. For a short time she was doing better, now she is back to just saying whatever.
I know she hurts people's feelings, has lost friends over it; but insists it doesn't matter. Tonight we were at the kids apartment. Anna was in the bedroom talking to Adam on the phone, working on homework. It sounded like she was crying so Leah and I go to check on her. She throws a fit because we are concerned, telling us to shut up, leave her alone, nothing is wrong, etc, etc, etc..................................
So when we got home and I told her that her attitude is really a problem for me, so of course I am a bad parent and have no right to tell her to knock it off. As much as Anna insists she hates drama I can assure you she creates enough for a houseful of girls!!!
Can I just say I am tired of teenagers!!!!!!! I don't even really like young adult children. I keep wondering when I will like them again. Does that really happen at some stage?! Of course, I am kidding to some degree. But then again, not really.
Matt just called. He is bringing Leah home she is having trouble breathing. Don't know what that means, so I guess I need to be ready for whatever. I'll keep you posted.
Oh, yeah, conference was good today. I enjoyed it very much.
No comments:
Post a Comment