Monday, August 17, 2009

Another Day

It is quiet here; at least for a minute or two. It feels nice. It has been a busy day. Work, running errands, a job interview, and school shopping. WOW!!!! I am tired. But it feels nice to have gotten things done.

My job interview went ok. Steffen's friend took himself out of the interview process because he knows me. But he said that he gave a good reference to the ladies who would be doing the interview. It would be a cool job. I don't know what will happen but it would be a change of pace from what I am doing and have done.

Anna starts school Thursday. She got a few things to get her started. I hate shopping with her because she is sooooo picky and because she is such a tomboy that the things she likes aren't near what I might like for her. So tonight Leah and I just roamed the mall while Anna shopped with Adam and got the things she likes. I know she is plenty old enough to make her own decisions; but still......

Today has been a day where I have been very grateful. I have felt the Lord's hand in my world today. I have said "thank you" more than once. But I can also see His hand in the lives of those around us. I think that Steffen's dying is only is hard for us. But today as I have thought about it I realize that it isn't just us. It is Steffen's siblings, his mom, his friends, anyone whose life he touched. I thought about his friend, Mike. They have been friends since grade school. Mike is extremely mentally ill. I really think Steffen was his only friend; they talked just about every day and sometimes multiple times a day. David called Mike today to check on him. Mike was confused, but David said he would check in with Mike in a few days. So maybe David will take over the roll of being Mike's friend.

Relationships are being mended. I don't know that Steffen's hand is in that, but I can't help but wonder if he isn't trying to help where he can. I can see him nugging those who need it and telling them to get with the program. I pray that families can continue to heal. I have learned the very hard way that in the end that is all we have; each other. I want my children to want to be near me. I want to have the kind of family I always wanted to be a part of. One where they like to be together and like to have a good time and support each other no matter what. We worked hard to have that with our children, I hope it continues to be that way.

Well, it is getting late. We have to get onto some sort of schedule. Adam is still at our house so I guess I need to go so I can run him home.

God lives. He loves us. And He wants us to be happy even when it seems so impossible.

No comments: