It doesn't seem possible September is fading away. WOW!!! Where has time gone?? But here we are October waiting patiently to arrive.
Our really big news: David has been chosen to go to China to play in the World Games for Special Olympics in November. I don't know exactly how it all works. He has to be nominated and was and his name was chosen. He found out yesterday.
It is so exciting!!!!! He will be gone for six days which is a whirlwind trip, but he gets to go. He wants to see the Great Wall and to go to a Walmart there because his discount card works there;" it works in ANY Walmart ANYWHERE, Mom."
Saturday was Area Games for Special Olympics. It was a fun day. David's team played three games, winning each one which put them in place to go to the State Games in October up in Coeur d'Alene. It is way up in Northern Idaho. I haven't ever been there so Anna and I will be making the road trip too.
There isn't too much happening right now. David is busy with work, Anna is working hard with school and terribly frustrated that Spanish is coming well and she has a "D" in the class. But Friday begins potato harvest break for two weeks, so that will be nice. We are planning a quick road trip to KC to visit. It is time. We haven't seen anyone since Steffen died and we need to. Grandma is getting old, we need to see her for a minute or two.
Leah is going to try to come from Memphis to spend the weekend with us which should be fun. She is a little worried about traveling alone, but I think she will be ok. It will be sooooo good to see her.
Tomorrow is nine months since Steffen left us. This morning as I was getting around for the day, he was with me. I cannot imagine how proud he is of David and the opportunity which is David's. I bet he is bursting his buttons. It kept coming to my mind how much Steffen loves us. I am so glad that he comes from time to time. I need that.
I will run. I have tons more to do today. I hope all is well in your corner of the world. It is sweet for a moment in ours.
No comments:
Post a Comment