My single favorite holiday. Too bad this year was near blizzard conditions....ok, I know, it wasn't really.......BUT it had been in the eighties. Yesterday and today probably not much above sixty. Hurray for Idaho and the summertime.
We had our parade and fireworks yesterday. The parade wasn't nearly as good as other years. Maybe it wasn't really the parade, maybe it was really me. But there were bagpipers, the high school band, and the local gas station always has their guys do a dance. Those were, as usual, totally cool. There were a lot of people, a lot of fun, a lot of food, the fireworks were totally amazing. So the day was good.
I often think about those who have gone before. I wonder how brave I would have been. To send my husband and sons off to war, to fight against something bigger than me, to believe in freedom?! I don't know that I would have been able to do any of those things.
I am currently nearly at war with my daughter. She has a friend who lives here part of the year, then in Texas the rest of the year. The friend and her family are here. The friend wants Anna to go with her back to Texas for a few weeks. I'm not sure how I feel about it. Anna knows what's right, what's important to her. I don't think her friend has a clue. So I'm trying to decide if I want to be the "cool" mom or the mom who isn't so "cool". I'm leaning towards the not so cool.............
Leah and I had a short visit with our bishop today. He is probably the kindest man I currently know. He loves to give a hug (which I need everytime). He wants to do what's right, listens to the Lord. I know when I talk to him about anything he is completely interested in what I have to say. Today wasn't anything important, just stuff, but it was so nice.
This week is a break from school. The school will be open and we had the choice to be there or not. If we decided to go then the hours go towards makeup hours. Leah and I both need the makeup hours so we signed up to be there. I am so wishing we hadn't. I need a vacation. Oh, well, at least its 35 extra hours. In the end I will be so glad I was there, but right this minute all I can think of is how much I want a break. Maybe someday I will get a break and actually be able to take a little road trip.
I talked to Nathan last week. He is doing well. They had been pretty busy working 14 hour days, then things settled down a little so they were working just 8 hour days. He said the fish don't want to come at regular intervals. He isn't sure how long he will be there, he said it still depends on the fish. He sounds good, has a good group of friends, has had time to think about what he wants to do, and is maybe figuring out who he is a bit. I think it has been good for him to be gone, I know it's been good for me that he's gone.
I think that sums it up for us today. Life is good. There is much to be grateful for today. Health, home, family, truth, friends, and a whole lot more.
No comments:
Post a Comment