I am so one of "those" moms. I LOVE LOVE LOVE having my children around. Even when they make me crazy.....I find there is nothing sweeter than all of us being together.
Nathan got home Friday. Leah and I made a really fast trip to Boise to pick him up. He would have been waiting around all day for the shuttle to bring him home. We got him home earlier than he would have. It wasn't too bad of a trip.
Nathan looks good. He loved Alaska, misses it terribly and is ready to go back. David will be home tomorrow. He has had a BLAST on his trip to Nebraska. I will post more photos here. He has been with seven cops from around the country. He says he had the best team and the one who got along the best. I'm almost certain with David as part of a team he worked hard to get along with everyone. I am looking forward to hearing about his trip and seeing all the treasures he will have.
On Saturday the school did a car wash for Baby Preslee's family. We raised a ton of money. It was so cool. It is one of those times I so appreciate living in a small town. People turn out to help those in need. I am glad I got to be a tiny part of it.
During the car wash Matt's brother and his family came. Leah was nervous to see them. But ended up visiting with Matt's brother some. It was good for her. She is grieving and can't quite seem to get on top of her own life. Apparently Matt is grieving too. His brother says he won't speak to anyone. He works, is home, occasionally hangs out with his friend.
Matt's parent are here. They brought some of Leah's things with them. They came by yesterday to drop them off. We invited them in and had a really nice visit. Everyone agrees two young kids who love each other so much made some really bad choices and now have to find their way. Matt had a hard time letting go of some of Leah's things. His mother said he yelled at her over a stack of stuff.
All of this time I have had no answers. I have spent a lot of time going over it in my own mind, praying, hoping, and just letting it go. After we saw Matt's brother on Saturday I told Leah she had made an enormous mistake. Which she told me she felt like there was nothing else she could do. After talking with Matt's parents she realizes that he is hurting too. I think that has changed her heart a little.
I have decided that when I had a houseful of little kids life was easier. They got scraped and bruised, but all I had to do was kiss them and tell them all was well. These days they don't buy it and most of the time know I'm lying. I think young adult children need parents more than little children in some ways. In the end kids need parents and parents need kids.
I will always be grateful for my chance to be a mom. I hope I have done a good job. That they turn out ok. That they know I love them and can't imagine one minute without them.
2 comments:
I love your pictures! Check out your e-mail for the latest Woffinden Weekly from Russia. Love, Kath
Happy Birthday Steff!
I am sure there is a party going on!!
Love, Kath
Post a Comment