Tuesday, July 13, 2010

One of Those Days

It has been a "day".  You know the kind, depressed, sad; can't just quite put a finger on what's wrong.  That's been my day.

Anna left this morning for Girls Camp.  It is just Leah and me home.  It seems so weird to have just two of us here.  That might be part of the problem.  I might just be depressed because everyone is gone.  I hope tomorrow is a better day.

David called tonight.  He is in North Platte.  I talked to the officer who is over David's team.  His name is Luis and he's from CT.  He said there are nine teams.  Each team has one Special Olympian and about 7 officers from around the country.  They travel to a town, run a few miles have a ceremony with another Special Olympian.  Luis said David is doing well.  He's in shape, friendly, and handling himself well.  They are traveling all week, then at the end of the week will meet up again to have a closing ceremonies in Lincoln.

David said all the guys on his team get along well, are really nice, and having a good time together.  I'm so grateful he's having this chance to take this trip.

Nathan called lastnight.  He said there is a good chance he will be home Sunday.  He won't know for certain until Thursday night.  Makes planning for a plane ticket hard.  I think this was a little harder than he planned.  But its been good for him.

Life moves on.  We are fast approaching 19 months.  So hard to believe.  I wanted to go this week to check on a headstone, but haven't been in the frame of mind to do it.  Today Leah and I were going to go, but I knew I would have a breakdown.  So tomorrow's another day. 

I hope all is well in your world.  It is going to be better in mine.  Have a good night.

PS jorgelisa:  Glad to hear you're feeling better.  Thanks for the compliment on the blog.  It's fun to change it up once in awhile.  Take care, feel better soon.  Love you.

No comments: