Today my "baby" girl is eighteen. Yes, it makes me sad. Yes, I can't believe it, and yes I miss my little girl who loved happy meals, preschool, her friend, Chelsea, and her barbie dolls.
These years have sped by at a pace I don't even have words for. Anna has grown into a beautiful young woman who is determined, very strong, a loyal friend, a hard worker, knows right and wrong, has a deep faith, isn't afraid of anything, and is becoming a woman whom I really like.
We celebrated last night. But today as the other kids and I talked about it we decided that since today is really her birthday there needed to be a few surprises. So we went shopping, ended up with a few surprises. She has no idea we have done anything more for her, so it will be fun to see her reaction tonight. We're going to dinner at Red Robin, which is Anna's favorite place.
So Happy Birthday to my baby girl. WOW!!!
I am taking a few days off from school. I know, it seems to be a recurring theme. Nathan had a complete meltdown last night. He hadn't had meds since before he left the hospital so he was at his limit. It was hard, but he finally took meds, got cleaned up and went to bed. Today has been better.
I decided that I need to be a mom for a few days. I don't think its fair to leave Leah in charge. So hopefully after a few days things will even out a bit. Nathan apologized to me this morning. He said he is going to try to stop keeping things in.
Since I have a few days I'm going over to the college to figure out what I need to do to finish out that bachelor's degree. I am 20 credits shy. I want to try to start in April. I will just about be finished with beauty school. It might be tricky, but I want to get it done. I've decided I want to work in mental health. It seems to be the place my life keeps pulling me. I have a few ideas up my sleeve so I just have to figure out details.
I need to run. Leah went to get Anna from Adam's, David is getting off work an hour early so we can go to dinner, and there are a few things to do before the kids get home. Again, thank you, for your concern and prayers. We appreciate them very much.
Much love.
No comments:
Post a Comment