A very quick update. Nathan called yesterday. I was trying to make up a few things at school, so he was able to talk to Leah. She said they had a good visit but it was easy to tell how depressed he is. He called back later and I talked to him.
He apologized for things, sounds very depressed, said the doctor feels his meds are right, doesn't have any idea how long he'll be there, and that the therapist will be gone today and tomorrow. She asked him to think about why he does the things he does and have a few answers when she gets back on Saturday. He also said the reason he hasn't called is he had to work a few things out in his own mind.
He asked for visitors. It might be tomorrow night before we get there. But we are going to see him. I want to take a few books to him so he has something to occupy his mind.
I asked Nathan what we could do for him, he told me just pray for him. I told him we could do that.
Life isn't easy. All of us have something we are carrying around. Some of us have it harder than others, but we all have a burden. Nathan's are no better or worse than yours its just right now he's are noticeable. At some point it will be a burden which isn't so easily seen.
Things are moving on. My worksheet which has looked so scarey is looking pretty good. I have pretty much easy stuff left to finish. I'm not subbing this Saturday but might have to go over to the school to work on two things. It will be weird to not be there on Saturday.
We have a roadtrip to Salt Lake planned in a few weeks. Anna and I will be at the UofU for a day of how to register, housing, financial aid, etc. David has area games for Special Olympics in two weeks. Then state games next month. I don't know if we will be able to go with him to state games. A friend is being married that weekend.
Again, I say thank you. First for checking up on us here. Second for your concern and prayers for Nathan, for our family. As always, I know that's what keeps us moving forward. I was thinking about all the emails that went out when Steffen was sick. It might have been easier to write here. Oh yeah, yesterday on David's facebook these two things were his status: "I miss my dad alot today" and
"I wish I could back time to hear my dad voike." Me too, me too.
No comments:
Post a Comment