Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Post 200

WOW!!!!!  I was going through things to see how many, how long, what has happened over these months I've been writing here.  This is number 200.  So hard to believe. 

It has been a day.  I woke up with a runny nose, watery eyes, sneezing.  I took a shower and felt better.  But even with that, it's been a day.  I can't put a name to what's on my mind.  A lot of things, not one in particular.

Nathan called today.  He said the doctor thinks he can come home Friday.  The doctor said that is tentative, if anything happens in the next two days then it will be next week.   He sounded even better today.  I have to admit I hope this continues.  I guess I'm worried when he comes home things will fall apart a bit.  He won't have the safety of a place where he can't reach the bad influences.  I'm not certain if he's strong enough or that we can protect him.

David had the day off today.  He walked over to the library, on his way home he stopped at the police station because he wants to get our police department involved with Special Olympics.  We just got a new police chief who we don't know, but David does know several officers.  So he had a good visit with the guys he knows and met the new chief.  They want David to go talk about Special Olympics to the department and want to get involved.  He was so excited.  There couldn't be a better Global Messenger for Special Olympics.

One important thing crossed my mind tonight.  Sometimes in life we have people around us who feel it is their job to be mean.  For reasons which are often only known and understood by them they attack, hurt, do, say mean terrible things.  A lot of times we don't have the ability to defend ourselves, because if we try it ends up that the lies are believed.  Taking the high road is hard.  For me my instinct is to attack back.  I've learned it doesn't work.  I know the truth, in the end I take comfort in that. 

Some pretty terrible things have been said about my family of late.  I don't have a clue what started it, I don't have any idea what motivates it, but I do know the person who is saying things about us is several things; young, immature, insecure, and maybe even down right mean.  I haven't said that to her face.  I would like to but I don't want her to win.  So I keep my opinions to myself and I find peace in that I know what's true.  I'm learning that I don't have any room to talk about people.  Too bad I had to learn that lesson so late.  How many I have hurt because I could.  So if you are one of the people I've hurt, as you read this.....please know I am sorry.  I am young (let's pretend), immature, insecure and maybe down right mean.  I'm trying to improve.  But please forgive me for hurting you in anyway.

No comments: