It isn't even late, I have a few brief moments to myself. Whew!!! The three kids are at institute and Anna is doing whatever it is Anna does. I can hear the radio, so there isn't complete silence, but enough that I can enjoy.
I have been out of school this whole week. I'm going back tomorrow. Nathan is doing very well. He told me yesterday was the best day in ages. He looks better. There is just a better feeling about him. We went shopping yesterday. He ended up with a few new jeans and shirts. He's lost enough weight that he's smaller than David. Nathan is a few inches taller than David so Nathan looks like a bag of bones. Funny how him being smaller reminds me of Steffen. When Steffen got worse and there was a way to see who was under that weight, he was really a small man. I think Nathan is like that, he just doesn't have the weight to lose.
Tomorrow is Nathan's first counseling appointment, he sees the doctor on Monday. Leah is going with him to both appointments. For now I don't let Nathan drive. I'm hoping someday that changes.
Nothing too exciting to report. Anna is busy with school. Her class load seems better this trimester. She is applying for a scholarship, college housing, going snowboarding with Adam tomorrow night. Leah applied for a job yesterday. She should hear by Saturday if she got the job. She is so hoping. She isn't taking state boards until March, which will be nice, she will go to Pocatello. So it is closer and probably won't require a overnight stay. David is busy with work. He is busy with floor hockey. He was excited because today at work a blind customer was in with her service dog. She gave David permission to pet the dog. David thought that was cool. Nathan is going to start volunteering with a teacher friend. He will go over one day a week for a few hours helping out where he can.
I have to admit, I wish I was looking at this barley field. It makes me think that it is possible for the sun to shine and for there to be green.
I do have a funny to share. Yesterday the kids and I went to sign a new lease for our apartment. (Can you believe we've been here almost a year???) Anyway, the girl at the office is maybe 20-22. She was going over what we can do, what's expected, etc. When she got to the part that says we can't have a business......I looked at Nathan and said something about "Man, that means we have to stop our prostitution ring. Dang, that takes all the fun away." The girl about DIED. She just looked at us, we started laughing, she turned every shade of red, then laughed too because she realized we were joking. I guess sarcasm is not a good thing.
Leah and I went here yesterday. I am so grateful for this place.


No comments:
Post a Comment