Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Blistering Cold

I woke up this morning to -35 windchill.  Yep, I know, you wish you were here.  You don't have to hide your wish, I just know these things.  I can just "see" that look in your eye.  You want to be here experiencing this thing called "hell", it has to be because it has frozen over.

Seriously, for some reason my alarm didn't go off.  I honestly don't know if it went off, I just turned it off without remembering or if I forgot to turn it on.  I finally woke up just after seven and asked Anna is she was going to school.  She said no, she had gotten a text at about 5:30 that there was no school.  A sweet thing,  When it was time to go out for the day David volunteered to start my car. It started right up.  The day ended up being OK, but this evening I went grocery shopping.  It was COLD!!!!  Tonight is going to be another cold night.  By the weekend things are looking up, we might feel like it's springtime.

The psychologist called with Nathan's test results today.  We went over things at length.  I do know what he told me, but right now my mind isn't working well, so another day I will give a better details. It isn't anything terrible.  Hard, but not terrible.  It isn't mental illness as much as mental disorders. 

Nathan comes home tomorrow.  My other children have expressed concern about him coming home.  He has been so out of control for so long that when he isn't here things are much more calm.  Today Nathan and I had a very good chat about him coming home, what he will be expected to do, what won't be tolerated.  He agreed, some of it he isn't happy about.  But right now he has few other choices. 

I went over to the school today to talk to the director.  I'm on another leave for just about two weeks.  I know, it is such a recurring theme these days, but I have to get a few things settled with Nathan.  When I went over to school I had to have a leave paper signed, when I went to get one signature one of my teachers asked what was going on.  We went through things briefly.  She gave me a few good ideas. 

I'll let you know how the things are after Nate comes home.  Hope this Wednesday was good and Thursday is thrilling. 

No comments: