Friday, March 25, 2011

Friday

The end of the week is here.  Hurray!!!  The only word for the day. 

For those of you who keep track, I've deleted my Facebook.  Why, you might ask??  Too much time spent playing around.  I figured for now I will go back to this being the place I can be reached.  A bit more complicated, but it works for me.

David has been chosen to be a Global Messenger for Special Olympics.  He leaves today for Boise for training.  I have gone with him every other time he has been to training.  This time one of his friends from his team will go. David has been sick this week, even missing a day of work.  It isn't anything serious. He did go to the dr on Wednesday.  The dr says it is a virus, that it will get worse, and for David to rest.  The biggest thing has been a cough.  He actually rested all day yesterday, so late in the evening he said he felt better and walked to a friend's basketball game. 

I am feeling better.  My bishop, who is a doctor, came by several nights ago to check on me.  He asked what happened, we went over everything.  His opinion is I have a virus.  He said that was the only thing which made sense at how fast things happened.  All I hope is it NEVER happens again.

Leah has been gone for five weeks.  She is traveling west today.  She is staying down in Utah for the weekend.  One of her cousins will be going to the temple tomorrow and another cousin is blessing twin boys on Sunday, so she wants to be a part of that, as well.  An aunt and uncle who live far away will be in Utah, these two boys are theirs, so it will be good to see them.

Nathan seems to be doing ok.  I don't see him much.  He comes by a few times a week.  He continues in transitional housing.  He has been looking for an apartment.  He has found one but is waiting to see if another guy will be taking the open spot.  Honestly, it works better for me if I don't see him.  There are many things to work on and if I don't know what's going on it is better for me.

Anna is trying so hard to live through these last weeks of school.  She has senioritis BAD.  She is taking a government class.  She hates it, has a lot to do to keep up with it.  She's working hard on homework. 

David came in to see what I'm writing about.  He asked that I add one thing.  On Saturday a guy David works with was killed in a car accident.  He was 27.  He and his wife were expecting their first baby.  She had gone to WA to visit her family.  She went into labor while there, at 29 weeks.  Her husband went to be with her.  They needed to move there, the baby will be in the hospital until at least her due date, Mid-May.  So he went to WA, found a job, rode back to Idaho with her sister to load up their lives here.  The husband and his sister-in-law, were in the country Sat night, she was driving, she didn't negogiate a curve and rolled the car.  He was killed, she had injuries which put her in the hospital overnight.

At Walmart, everyone is in shock.  Both the husband and wife worked there.  I don't know them, but everyone says they are great kids.  I feel terrible.  I cannot imagine having a very premature baby, then have my husband die........I know how hard one of those is, but both at the same time.........it seems almost too much.

Life moves on.  We are doing ok.  Today is a bit cool, gray, it would be much better if the sun came out.  Happy Friday!!!!  Hope your weekend is wonderful.

No comments: