Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Hello March

Where has time gone? How is it possible it is March?  This morning we woke up to a few inches of new snow.  The wind blew most of the day, coming out of school the snow had started again and there was more snow. 

I have been going back through this.  It was just two years ago I began writing here.  Steffen had been gone just about 12 weeks, Leah was engaged, Anna in her first year at the high school, David working hard, Nathan leaving for Kansas. 

What a ride the last two years have been.  I have to admit that while things are still a bit wild, in reality they have settled down a bit.  It feels nice.  I just know not to get too comfortable.  Things will spin out sooner or later.

Last week was our court date.  Anna met with the prosecuting attorney before we saw the judge.  She decided that she wanted the no contact order lifted, but as one of the conditions Nathan not be allowed to live at home.  I feel that is fair.  It was exactly what I was thinking. 

Nathan continues in transitional housing.  He likes it there and has OK roommates.  He is actually in school with me now.  He started last week.  We had talked about it before all this mess.  I didn't give him many choices.  The conversation went like this, "You are going to start beauty school.  I know it isn't what thrills you, but at least you are doing something, getting a skill, and will have something you can use to get you to the next place."  At first Nathan was so ticked.  I suppose he still is, but so far he says he likes it and is learning a lot.

Anna began her last trimester of high school yesterday.  WOW!!!  She has only three classes each day.  So she's done by noon.  I wish I had her schedule.  She doesn't have a job, but is donating plasma and hoping to find something.  Several months ago Anna and Adam decided to breakup.  Adam said he wanted to date others.  It has been interesting.  They spend almost as much time together not dating as they did dating.  But in the last few weeks Anna has met someone she likes, so that whole process of getting to know someone new is happening.

Leah is in Kansas City.  She went with her aunt and uncle.  She thought it would be a good break, which I'm sure it has been, but she is also a bit homesick and tired of not having anyone with her.  She has floated between my dad's house and being with her aunt and uncle.  But in being gone she has figured out a few things she needs to do.  So all has not been lost.

David has state games for Special Olympics this weekend.  Of course he's looking forward to it. There will be many more teams there than last year.  Once this weekend is over we have a few weeks break before basketball starts.  I say, HURRAY!!!

I'm into the countdown for school.  I have less than 500 hours left.  Whew!!!  I'm getting a little worried over state boards, finding a job, clientele, etc.  It will all work out, somehow, someway.....but I'm a worrier.

Life continues on.  Nothing too exciting here, just the usual.  It is time for Davey boy to come home, so I need to run.  I have laundry scattered all over the living room, maybe I need to put it away.  Happy Tuesday night.

No comments: