Friday, May 13, 2011

Life

It has been a week.  Whatever the junk is that keeps being passed around, well this time it has me.  Today is the frst day all week I've actually been able to be up and not feel like I need to be laying down.  I've missed school all week, barely spoken to my kids, and this morning when I went into the kitchen for the first time in several days got a surprise that the kitchen fairies had come and cleaned things up. 

Spring seems to arrived.  Finally.  I'm not laying any bets it will stay.  This is still pretty early in the season.  But yesterday we did have a window opened for a while.  Such a nice thing. 

We ae doing well.  Life is life.  Somedays better than others.  Our ward will have ward conference this Sunday.  In preparation for it the ward had a temple night lastnight.  I was in no position to go.  Leah debated for sometime.  It was going to be a sealing session.  She got home from work, got around to go to the temple.  She didn't plan on doing the sealing session.  I'm not sure what prompted her to do them. 

She got home rather quickly.  Came sat on the edge of the bed.  And cried.  Hard.  She doesn't cry easily so it was a huge thing.  She decided to do the sealing session.  She said everyone waited in one sealing room.  She sat alone.  Started to cry.  The bishop and his sweet wife came to sit with her.  The bishop's wife giving as much comfort as she could.  The bishop giving counsel that it was a good thing Leah was there.  The Lord nows the desires of her heart. 

As it turned out.  The sealings Leah's group did.  Yeah, that sealing room.  The same sealer.  Leah said she kept her eyes on the floor the entire time. 

So another "first".  A hard one at best. 

There are never easy answers in life.  It seems just about the time we've made progress past the hard stuff something comes along to shake us a bit.  I'm not sure why that happens.  Why it needs to.  Why we have to remember the stuff that hurts.  Really??  I personally could do without a bit of it. 

Life moves on.  It is Friday.  The sun is shining.  The wind isn't blowing (at least not hurricane force).  Happy Day.

No comments: