What a week. I've been in "Final Phase" all week. It is a week where we are prepared to take state boards. We have to do mock applications of color, chemical relaxing, perms, thermal curls, and actually do a haircut. We also have to take a mock written exam.
It is a stressful week to say the least. The cut is stupid. The other things aren't bad, just do what you've learned. The bad part, things are timed. Yep, you go to state boards and have a certain amount of time to actually do each section.
The only section I completed today was the perm. BUT I passed everything. Not with the best scores, but I passed. I don't have repeat this. It means when I reach that pesky 2,000 hour mark I am out of there. Just about 6 weeks left. At least, I'm hoping I'm done that fast. Or maybe faster. At the rate I'm going.......it will be 6 months.........maybe 6 years............
Tomorrow Davey Boy has area games for Special Olympics. He's doing track. We have to be there by 9:00 am. No rest for the weary.......or wicked.........or mothers...........or people who work........or maybe just no one.........Anyway, my one Saturday off........I get to spend at Special Olympics. :/
This Friday evening. I'm grateful for this week. I learned a lot. I had to push myself. I survived. God is good. He has carried me this entire week. I am grateful.
Happy Friday. Have a fun weekend. There will be photos of track and sweet Davey's birthday, which is Sunday.
No comments:
Post a Comment