Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Sorry It's Been Awhile

Sorry, I have been getting to bed terribly late and not thinking about writing here before hand. I think about it during the day; or weird times at night.

Things here are going ok. It has been a week of cold, snow, rain, and just plain old weirdness. It's spring, so that happens.

All the wedding announcements are out. This weekend Leah's dress will be paid for and I think everything else is done. YIPPEE!!!! There are just four weeks left. It is so hard to believe. It seems like things have been going along for so long. Now all of a sudden things are moving fast.

Today at work our neighbor came in. He is a nice guy, I don't know him well, but he stopped and talked with me for about 20 minutes or so. It was nice. He is a plumber so he is going to come over and help me with a few things. He has been pretty busy, but he said when he slows down a little.

I went to the cemetery today. It is such a serene place. The highway is just a few blocks from there. In fact if you sit and watch you see the cars driving by. The cemetery is surrounded by large pine trees. There is no noise. Today there was just the wind blowing through. I just sat quietly and "talked" with Steffen. I need to really talk to him. But as I sat there several things came to my mind. This grieving process is such a difficult thing. I have wondered about it. Today it occured to me that before we came to this life that we probably didn't really understand what grief was. How could we? It is such a human emotion. Missing someone, wanting them in our world, wanting to have them be apart of our lives is not a bad thing.

At the funeral Frank talked about how Steffen seemed so needy, but we would leave that place and realize that Steffen wasn't as needy as we thought. We are the ones who needed him. I know that is the truth. I know I need him in my life.

Today a guy who I used to work with came into work. He had heard about Steffen. As we visited he said how good it is to have the gospel. How else could you possibly teach your children where he is or what he is doing if you didn't understand the gospel plan. How true.

So Anna needs to write an essay. I need to run.

Peace.

No comments: