Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Boiling Mad

So David plays floor hockey in Special Olympics. He is on a team which practices about 15-20 minutes from us. Practices are at 6:00 on Wednesdays. David is late almost every week because Anna has piano at 5:00; it never starts on time, so therefore it never ends on time.

Tonight there was something going at the middle school where practice usually is; so David was given directions to a new place. I followed the directions, ended up driving about fifty miles. I was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo mad. I didn't have time or gas to drive that far. When I got to where I thought we were suppose to be one of David's friends calls. He is trying to tell me where I am suppose to be. Come to find out the practice is closer than usual and would have taken maybe 15 minutes to get to.

Now I know it isn't David's fault. He was only giving me directions which had been given to him. But it makes me so mad that someone would give such stupid directions and that I followed them and drove nowhere.

There isn't much to report. The wind blew like crazy yesterday. Today it is calm, the sun is out and it is almost spring like. Although I would like it very much if the temperature would go above 70. Maybe by July 4th.

I think I have found a home for the golden retreiver. A friend of a friend of a friend......you know how that goes. Well, I talked to the guy today and he was going to talk to his friend. I am soooo hoping the guy wants to come at least meet the dog and see if it would work for him. I would be so relieved.

Life chugs on. We are doing ok. There are a few growing pains here and there, but I think we are trying to figure them out and realize that it is part of living. Just three more weeks of school and three weeks until David's birthday. He wants basketball shoes so he can play in Special Olympics. I am fairly certain I can handle that.

I will be working in the new store for a few days after Memorial Day. I am hoping by doing that it will mean good things. I haven't had a chance to talk to our district manager. He has been busy with getting the store organized. So I guess we'll see how things go.

I will run. A great tragedy here tonight. Tacos without taco shells. I think we can live through that!!!

No comments: