I honestly have thought that as my children get older they would need me less. I am finding out the exact opposite is true.......they need me more. Their problems are bigger, more complex, less easily dealt with a gentle hug and kiss. It is more like "straighten up", "get with the program" or "get your head out of your butt".....
I am finding that playing referee stinks. I want someone else to do it. I want someone else to take the call, text or child at the door. I have considered moving to the North Pole. Do they have cell service there? If not, that might be the better place for me.
The bloom is off the rose for Matt and Leah. While I knew it would happen I honestly didn't think it would happen this fast. They are trying to figure life out. They haven't lived together, don't exactly know each others habits, needs, etc. So it is hard.
I finally asked them the last time they prayed together which they were embarrassed to admit had been much too long. I suggested they pray. It is really hard to be mad at the person you are praying with. I hope it helps.
It is interesting to watch my children grow up. They are all so different. It doesn't seem possible they could be siblings and really be so different from each other. But they are. Some are driven to success, others are happy to stroll and still others have to be drug by their hair.
I wonder how our Heavenly Father feels. It has to be much like earthly parents feel. I mean we are allllllll his children, yet we are all so different. We all have the ability to be like God and yet so many of us fall short. I can imagine he feels the angst that mortal parents do, but more so because he knows our potential, our divine potential.
Steffen was with me most of yesterday morning. I went to bed the night before and couldn't sleep. I have a lot of things on my mind and just can't seem to get them all worked out. So my prayer was that I can't do it alone and I just need help. So Heavenly Father sent Steffen to bring comfort first, then an answer to a question. Strange how it happens. He seems to be around so much.
As Leah, Matt and I talked lastnight Leah said they really need to go to the temple. I said yep they do; she asked if I would go with them, so I will. I am going to ask her if we can go tomorrow or Saturday. We all need that blessing.
Life moves on. It seems to do that. Even if we aren't quite ready for it to. The sun is shining this morning in our part of Idaho. It is even suppose to be warmer today. YIPPEE!!! I really hope it means spring is on its way.
No comments:
Post a Comment