I worked a ton of hours last week. So last night I got home and was in bed before 9:00. It felt good, but I was up around three this morning thinking the day was starting. Good thing to get sleep; bad thing to get so much sleep.
David worked alllllll day today. He is tired. He worked in lawn and garden and says they were really busy. He is a good worker and loves to be helpful so I know Walmart appreciates his work.
Matt's brother and sister-in-law had a new baby this week. They also have a twenty one month old who has been passed between Matt and Leah and me and Anna. He is a cute baby so none of mind taking care of him. But I think he will be glad when his parents come for him and he actually goes home to his own bed and routine.
The new baby has been in the nic-u with a hole in his lung. He is doing better, so he should go home tomorrow. He is a beautiful baby, looks just like his big brother.
This has been a tough week. I don't know why exactly. I have a lot on my mind. I haven't slept well, eaten well or gotten a thing done to my house. One day I went out to the cemetery. Someone else had been there and put flowers there. It made me cry. I have no idea who went, it was a kind thing to do. But it just sent me a little further over the edge.
Nathan called one of Steffen's friends this week. So he and his wife came out to the house. It was so nice of them to come, but I wouldn't ever tell them what is going on or how I feel about life. It isn't because they aren't nice people, they are. But I don't think they can understand.
It doesn't even make sense to me....when Steffen was here there were phone calls, people to check on him, he made sure to keep in touch with everyone, kept up on details, knew what was going on and just made sure to touch base. I don't do that. I wouldn't with most of the people Steffen did simply because they aren't people I know or I know well. But it makes me sad. It is like no one remembers we are here. My phone never rings and I don't have a clue what is going on.
Steffen's mom called me today. We had a nice chat. I don't have a clue what is going on with anyone so I made sure to ask today about each sibling. I am out of the loop; Steffen kept up on everyone..................I think everyone is doing ok. That is a good thing.
So another week begins. Anna is finished with school on Wednesday, then will probably start work on Thursday. She should have a job with a sod farm Adam worked at last year. She is calling tomorrow to make sure. It will be good if she is working all summer. She needs to be doing something. It is hard work, but I don't think she will be harmed by it.
David's birthday is at the end of the week. He will be twenty three. Hard to believe he is that old. He asked for basketball shoes. I think he isn't getting basketball shoes, but I'm not sure. I have to get out to figure things out.
Leah and I will be going to the temple together this week. Our ward has a temple assignment, so I signed up for it. Leah asked if she could go too. So that will be a nice way to spend an evening.
I think that pretty much sums up life. It moves on. There are bumps along the way. Right now there are a lot of huge bumps to navigate through, but I think I will come out the other side. I hope all is well in your world.
No comments:
Post a Comment