Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Drama, Drama, Drama

If a movie of my life were ever made (heaven forbid, I all ready feel sorry for the people who would make such a movie!!) The title would be "Drama, Drama, Drama".

I found out that my neighbor who I orginally thought was causing problems with the dogs is actually causing a lot of problems with the dogs. She has even gotten neighbors who don't even live in our neighborhood in on the deal.

I have been being soooo careful with my dogs. I let them out on a looooong chain, have them on a leash, or in the house. Lastnight I let Josie, our old dog, out to go to the bathroom. I totally forgot about her and Anna and I went to town. When we came home Josie was chained on the porch. We looked at each other and were like, whoops, we forgot about her. So it seems my neighbor brought her home, chained her, then called the sheriff's office and told them that she wasn't attacked this time but that she has been before.

So at about 10:40 lastnight guess who shows up at my house??? You got it, a deputy. He is about 25, cool because he is a debuty and you aren't. He gave me the rundown on the dog. I told him what happened, he left. I was rude, he was an idiot.

Anna writes to the neighbor on Facebook and tells her that she could have just called us and said something. The neighbor writes back that it is past the point of talking, the sheriff's office has to handle it. Then another neighbor starts an agrument with Anna over Facebook. Anna asked the two women if they were still in high school.

The bad thing about all of this is that my neighbor is Anna's Young Women President. I feel terrible for Anna. She didn't go to mutual tonight and said she won't go again. I am not going to push the isssue.

I am, however, calling tomorrow to find out how much it costs to have the dogs put down. I know my neighbor well enough that she won't quit until my dogs are dead. She did this same thing last year with another dog. She refused to stop pressing charges until our dog was gone. It is going to kill me. Josie is seven. She is such a sweetie.....Tucker is only two.....he is a brat, but a good boy.

I have thought a lot today about people who lie. I am not one of those people. I have no desire to hurt other people just because I can. I don't feel a need to tell stories because it is the thing to do. I don't know why any of this started. I have no clue why. I don't know this neighbor well. I haven't ever felt the need to know her. Now I really don't care to ever speak to her again. But for reasons that probably seem perfectly clear in her mind she has decided to hurt my family. I know she thinks she is right. She feels that something has happened and that I should be punished. I guess that's ok. I am learning that there is a lot in life I can handle that I thought I never would.

Tonight Leah and I went to the temple. Our ward had an assignment, so Leah went with me. It was nice to be there with her. I was able to gather my thoughts and sort things out. Tonight I needed that.

Tomorrow is Anna's last day of school. She will be a junior next year. That is sooo hard to believe. She didn't get the job at the sod farm, so she is bummed. She is going to be out looking during the next few days. Hopefully something comes up.

I have to go. I didn't sleep lastnight. I am hoping for better things tonight. I do want to mention one other thing. Tonight as I thought about all of this with my neighbor I couldn't help but think about our Savior. He did nothing wrong. But people lied about him. They said terrible things, accused him of horrible things. He never said one word. He didn't make any claim to his innocence. He bore the punishment with no emotion.

I want to be like Him. I want to be able to bear the punishment without having to constantly prove my innocence. I want to be able to deal with what happens and hopefully learn and be stronger for the experience.

I put my neighbor's name on the prayer roll in the temple tonight. I hope she is able to find the peace she is so lacking.

No comments: