I thought I would just end this. It has been several weeks since I last wrote. I just haven't had it in me to write. But I have realized that this is what I need to be doing; as much for me as anyone, but a lot of it is for my family.
This week it has been six months since Steffen left us. I cannot believe so much time has passed. I mean, where have I been, what have I been doing??
Last week for Father's Day we went to the cemetery. I found this yard stake that had a fire fly on it. We took that instead of flowers. I think it was the first time we had been there, not cried, laughed with each other and enjoyed the time.
A lot has happened during these weeks I haven't written. I did not get the job with the new store. It was given to a young girl who started working in our store last summer. She is about 22. I have cried enough to float a boat; but it is obviously NOT what I am suppose to be doing now. I decided I will get a letter written to the college and try to get in for fall so I can finish my degree. I have just 19 credits left. That seems to be the important thing now.
I did meet with the prosecuting attorney about my dogs. He was sad that it came to having Tucker put down. He decided to dismiss all charges. He just told me to be careful about Josie and Charlie. Poor Josie, she doesn't understand why she has to be chained up. She just wants to run. She got away yesterday, she ran for a few minutes but came home and was glad to do so. I guess she just wanted to let the wind run through her hair for a minute.
Leah and Matt have been struggling to find their way. They have gone round and round. It has gotten to a point where it will take years for kind things to be said to override the terrible things. They are in Tennessee for a week visiting. I am worried for them to be there, but it might help. I don't know anymore. I love them endlessly; but there is no more I can do except pray. I do that often.
David has been in Boise for Special Olympics this weekend. His team didn't get first place. I don't know exactly what happened. He isn't home, won't be until tonight so I will get the particulars then. He has had a good time which is the best thing of all.
Anna is working like crazy. She has worked a lot of hours, done a lot of extra things for the people she works for and likes being the marketing director. She got the "SteffenRitchie" genes when it comes to marketing.
It is so weird to think this week is the fourth of July. It is my FAVORITE holiday. I love the parade, the food, the fireworks, the patriotic songs, the stories about the men who were part of the Continental Congress. It makes me proud to be a part of this nation.
I will go. But I will continue on. I need to.
3 comments:
I am glad you are writting Dawn. I am also very glad that you are going to got finish school. Hugs!
Dawn, thanks for continuing and letting us know. Sorry to hear about you not getting the job you had hoped for. That stinks.
As you know, the Lord never promised us an easy, nor a fair life, just that it would be worth it if we persevere. Count the small blessings, too.
"Life is a cinch, if taken by the inch.
But life can be hard, if taken by the yard."
Love to you, Garry
Hey Dawn,
Thanks for the update! I can't believe Leah and Matt may move all the way to Tennessee! I am sorry to hear about all of the trouble with the dogs, that has got to be rough.
I applaud you for wanting to finish school. I think that all of the sacrifices to make that possible are worth it. With only 19 credits left, you are definitely on the down hill! The best thing Rob and I ever did was to go back to school. The Lord somehow makes everything work out, even when we cannot see how it will all come together.
Love ya,
Talk to you soon
Love your niece Karen
Post a Comment