Thursday, July 2, 2009

Summer Time

It has been a week. I am sooo looking forward to the weekend. I am hopeful it is kind of nice, a little fun and a way to keep minds occupied.

David went to Boise last weekend for Special Olympics state games. His team came home with a silver medal which is terribly strange for a team David is part of. But he was thrilled to see a few friends. He had a great time. There were over 700 athletes there and about 2500 volunteers. So it was a HUGE weekend. He didn't get home until after midnight on Sunday.

Tuesday was David's anniversary at Walmart. He has been there four years. I am so grateful that David has a good job and loves it and has good people who work so hard to help him be the best he can be.

Tragedy today. Anna cut her finger on ice at work. Nothing serious but enough so she came home and is resting. No stitches necessary, just neosporin and a bandaid.

Well, life is ok. There are a few bumbs along the way, but we will manage. Just trying to figure things out.

I hope this holiday weekend is safe; but fun and a time to be grateful for brave men and women who believed in a cause that was greater than themselves. I don't know if I could be so brave.

No comments: