Sunday, July 12, 2009

Long Boarding, Broken Hand, Temple and a Lightening Storm

OK, so does the title completely make you wonder what's up? It should; that was the entire plan.

Last week Anna and Adam each got a long board (I know, I didn't have a clue either; similar to a skate board, only longer; hence why they are called long boards. I don't know if that 's true I am totally blowing smoke and hoping you don't know the difference.)

Anyway, the kids each got one. We have a subdivision which has had the roads put in, nice paved roads just down the street from us. No building going on because of the economy, but the roads are nice. It is about a mile or so in to the back of the place. Anna and Adam have been skating there. David wanted to try, he did well. He was loving it. He fell off the board. He didn't say a word about it.

Then the next day he casually mentions that his hand hurts. When I looked at it his hand by his thumb is swollen. I took him to a clinic where it was xrayed; not broken, just bruised. Thankfully. David is wearing a brace, didn't work yesterday, but went back today and said his hand hurts. It might take a little longer for it to heal because he is a cashier at work.

Leah and I went to the temple this week with two girls Leah goes to school with and their husbands. Matt was suppose to go, but he was working late so I was "Matt" for the temple session. It was good. We saw one of our neighbors there. Found out his wife has breast cancer and is nearly done with chemo. I had NO idea. It is strange how when people are in different wards you completely lose track of them.

Today a huge wind storm came through. There was a buzzing sound, pink lights. We couldn't figure out what was going on. It did it again. When we looked outside our neighbor's tree is laying on the power lines.

When we actually went outside the lightening hit about half the tree and it landed on the lines. We left to go to Leah's, but there was a sheriff who came out and the power company was on the way. Hopefully it doesn't take too long to get things taken care of. It was so scary.

I have a picture on my phone, I just have to figure out how to get it to my email so I can post it online.

Nathan is trying to come home in a few weeks. We will have a family reunion!!!! A family reunion you ask?? Of course, we will all be together. I am so looking forward to it. I want to have photos done and just spend the time playing hard together. It has been such a long time since we have done that.

I have been suffering from a major depression for the last couple of weeks. I have a few hours in the week where I can actually function, but most of the time I can barely move. I have a lot on my mind; just life, but I can't seem to move past the worries. I know things will be OK but right now I just don't know how. I can't seem to make it all work in my mind.

I will run. Hopefully this week I will be able to make a few more regular posts and get a photo of my neighbor's tree online. Happy Sunday. I hope the week is great!!!!

No comments: