David is so thrilled. He is friends with a guy who plays baseball for the Florida Marlins. The guy is home in Idaho because it is the All Star break. David saw his friend yesterday at work. The guy told him to figure out what he wants from the Marlins and when he gets back to his team he will get a few things off to David. How many kids get to say they are really friends with a baseball player?
My neighbor's tree is going to be coming down in the next few days. The tree company came today and were trying to figure things out. When the power company came they cut the limbs so they aren't on the wires and just left things for the tree company to figure out. Hopefully there is no more wind or lightening to cause problems.
Had to go to the doctor today. Nothing serious, mostly just needed to ask a few questions. I haven't seen him in ages. He asked about us and wanted to know all about the family. I miss seeing him regularly. While I wouldn't want to under the circumstances we had been it would be nice to see him just because he is a cool guy.
Steffen's brother sent an email to Leah of Steffen's voice. It is a voice mail Steffen left on Jim's phone. Leah listened and cried, told me that I would cry more. When I came to her place today she got right on the computer. There was Steffen's voice. Amazing how much I had forgotten what it sounded like, but once I heard it I KNEW it was Steffen. So thanks, Jim, for the voice mail.
It is amazing how grief works. I have been doing such a good job feeling like I was right on top of things. But the last few weeks life has gotten so crazy and I just can't seem to get on top of things. I find myself crying over just about everything, feeling very depressed and wondering what more I can do or handle?! Strange how that works. I honestly have felt that things were going ok.
I wrote my letter to the college's academic committee to be considered for admission for fall. So now the ball is totally in their court. I can only pray that they recognize that I need to finish. School starts the first week of September. It would be so great to be there. I have planned on taking 9 credits in the fall which will leave me with just about 10 credits for spring. Then I would graduate!! So hopefully the college takes a lot of things into consideration.
Life chugs on. I am hopeful that I can move past one or two things with myself and maybe be able to actually function again. It would be nice to be able to come out of the fog.
No comments:
Post a Comment