Thursday, July 30, 2009

OH my goodness

In January I had to buy a new car. Or at least a car that is new to me......the gas gauge doesn't work. It always shows full. I haven't had trouble with it because I just figure by the mileage how much gas there is.

In the last week I have run out of gas twice. Once I managed to get David to work, the car died in the parking lot at Walmart. Today it was about a mile from the house, which meant about two miles from the gas station. So a long walk, a few phone calls, and a rather warm day we managed to get to the gas station.

I forgot to mention that Anna is hypoglycemic. It is the opposite of diabetes; too low of blood sugars. She has had trouble off and on for sometime. Lately things have gotten worse. So we made another trip to the doctor. He is concerned. Anna is to be following a diabetic diet, eating six small meals daily, no sugar, a lot of carbs and protein. The doctor told us that this could very easily turn into diabetes. So we have to watch Anna's sugars and try to keep her on a good course so she doesn't get worse.

Someone came to the house Tuesday evening and mowed my yard. Not only did they mow it but they got all the weeds around the house, the irrigation ditch, the back porch and the trees. The yard looks so nice. I have no idea who did it; but I hope they are blessed for their kindness to us.

Tonight is David's Special Olympic social. They are planning for the fall sports. So I need to run so I can get David to the social.

Peace.

No comments: