Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Sorry It has Been Such a long time

I don't have a computer at home right now; so it complicates things a little. I have to do a little manuvering to make things work to update this. I am not making things work well so I am sorry it has been awhile.

Last week was seven months since Steffen left us. So hard to believe that so much time has passed. I have been feeling better. But last week Leah needed to go to the store to get things to make a salsa recipe. I needed to find lemon juice and couldn't think where it was in the store. I stood in the aisle and told Steffen I needed his help. He came; I saw him for a minute and he told me where to find the lemon juice. He is still around us....I don't think we feel him as much as we have at other times.

One week until Nathan comes home. He will be here for one week. We are all so excited to see him. We are going to Salt Lake to pick him up. We had a trip planned to Lagoon anyway, so it worked out he is coming the next day. It is going to be so good to be together as a family for a short time. It will be the last time for a long time so we are going to make use of every minute.

In just about three weeks Anna starts school. She and Adam decided not to do the CNA program. Anna wants to be an architect so badly. She had decided to give up on that but has decided that is really what she wants to do; so the CNA program would just be a waste. So the kids have to rework their school schedules so that will be a huge thing.

Our Walmart has been being remodeled. It has been a huge mess and though they are nearly finished with it it is crazy to go in and not be able to find a single thing. Next week is the grand reopening of the store. David is thrilled!! He eats, sleeps, and breathes Walmart so he is so looking forward to the opening. He gets to be a part of the festivities of the day.

Leah and Matt are leaving. Plans are in place for them to be gone the first week of September. Matt's parents are coming at the end of next month. They will be helping the kids move and get settled in Memphis.

I am not thrilled. These kids are having such a hard time and I am not crazy about letting Leah go so far away. I can't do a thing to change it. I pray things will work out well and it will be good for them. But I worry.

In ten days it is our wedding anniversary. Last year on that day Steffen had a terrible heart attack. This year would be 24 years. Hard to believe we only got 23 years. Then a few weeks later it is Steffen's birthday, then a few weeks later my birthday. Some difficult days are coming. I am not looking forward to them.

Life is really hard right now. So many things going on. I feel like I am just along for the ride. But I am finally realizing that there is nowhere to go but up and the only way to do that is with the Lord's help. He is giving that to me. Only because He has had to knock me in the head way too much lately.

I hope the world is treating you well.

No comments: