Last week a friend emailed me asking about my experiences with "seeing" Steffen. He wondered what I meant by that, so I will explain.
I have never seen Steffen's face. But I have seen his arm, part of a plaid shirt he might be wearing, I have "felt" his presence in the room, seen him wearing white clothes when I have been in the temple or the day Leah and Matt were married. I have felt his arm around my shoulders, felt him in my heart, known without doubt he is watching over us, keeping close tabs on our lives.
I believe he is closer than I would ever be able to understand. I imagine the veil is thin....those whom we have lost are doing everything they can to help us. I cannot imagine going on one more minute without knowing that.
Today I rescued a turtle from the side of the road. He was trying to get into a grain field. I picked him up and moved him to a field where there is a pond. Turtles must have some sort of inner sense that water is nearby. That thing scurried right to the water where I could hear him "plop" into the water. I wonder how long he had been wondering around looking for someplace safe. It was a beautiful dark gray color with orange around the edges of the shell and on the bottom of his shell.
David took the dogs for a walk this morning. Josie, our seven year old who knows what she is dog, came home nearly dead. She is limping, can't seem to catch her breath, just looked at us like she wanted to lay down and die. We made sure she had cool water, but knowing how fast David walks Josie probably got nearly run around the block. David assured me he just walked, but he walks FAST, so it was a run for the dogs. Charlie was thrilled he got to go swimming. That dog LOVES water, anywhere, any water, he just loves to be in it.
Life is ok right now. Leah still hasn't been able to start school in Memphis. She is waiting for the school here to send information she needs showing that all her tuition here has been paid and how many hours she has. The lady at the school here refuses to be of help, so if Leah doesn't get the info soon she will have to totally start school over. She is frustrated.
Nathan began a new job as a server today. He has to have two jobs. so decided to apply at a restuarant on a whim and got the job. He started training today. He told me he was way nervous because it is something totally different for him. I am sure he will figure it out. It is good to do new things.
Anna continues working hard in school. She is doing well.....David is working like a fool at Walmart. This weekend is area competition for Special Olympics. So our time is spent doing those two things.
The sun is shining here, it is still "summer", everyone is doing well. There is much to be grateful for. I hope the sun is shining in your corner of the world. Peace.
No comments:
Post a Comment