Thursday, September 10, 2009

I AM SOOOOOO STUPID

In my quest to finish a bachelor's degree I have jumped through enough hoops for any circus performer. The one hoop which I failed to jump through was my bishop's endorsement. So no college for me this semester.

It wasn't until Tuesday that I finally clued into it. I kept wondering why I hadn't heard anything. Then as I went through the list of things in my mind that I needed to finish that was the one thing I had failed to complete. So I sit out one more semester. It seems I am never going to finish or maybe I don't really need to. Can I just say "DAMN DAMN DAMN!!!". I cannot believe how stupid I am.

So I guess I will start jumping for winter semester and hope that the college will be kind. I would really like to take enough credits so that I can still finish in July. I can't wait another whole year to graduate. DAMN!!

Other than that life moves on. Leah and Matt are moved into their apartment, Matt starts work this weekend, Leah starts school in the next week or so. Nathan is looking for a new job, he needs more hours. David is working himself like crazy because college students are back and Anna is having a great time this week with Homecoming activities. She starts piano lessons today so she is looking forward to that.

It is beginning to be fall here. The days are warm, the nights are cool and the mornings the car is covered with dew. Not too much longer til we need jackets or sweaters. I love this time of year, but this year makes me sad for some reason.

I am grateful for today. I love David. He has had the last two days off, so he has helped me with a few things. I love that he works so hard for our family, he works hard to keep track of friends and he works hard to be a good man. I am lucky to have him. Today as I cried he put his arms around me and told me it was ok. "Just cry mom, it's ok". I love that boy more than I can tell. What a privilege it is to be his mother.

I will scoot on. I have tons to do today. I hope life is sweet for you. It is for me.

No comments: