Friday, October 16, 2009

David's Off to State Games

David left very early this morning for State Games.   Nathan and I were going to go; but yesterday a little emergency left us unable to go.  It bumbs me out.  I was soooo looking forward; but at least David is on his way.

These last weeks it seems the Special Olympics has completely overtaken our world.  I guess there are worse things so I won't complain.  But it will be nice when this weekend ends and we can get into another routine of sorts.

Steffen's nephew, Ritch and his wife, Kristen are taking their two babies to watch David play soccer tomorrow.  They are about an hour and half away.   It is so nice of them to make the effort.  Thanks Ritch and Kristen!!!!  I will miss seeing you and your darling boys.

This week has been a week.  It was my dad's birthday.  He is 75.  I have never thought of him as old and still don't.  But I could tell when we visited that he has slowed down some.  I guess when you reach that 70 something age you have earned the right to slow down a bit.  My dad is a good man.  He always worked hard for us.  I can't remember a time there wasn't a car in the driveway or someone who needed help that Dad wasn't doing something.  He took good care of us.  I am grateful for him.

I forgot to mention one of the sweetest moments of our trip to KC.  One afternoon we visited Grandma.  One of  Steffen's nieces was moving, so Grandma and Aunt Kathleen were watching the grandbaby.  She is a darling baby of about six months or so.  She let us pass her around the room and not once did that sweet baby make a fuss.  We sat her in Grandma's chair to take a picture.  Addison sat with Grandma rubbing Grandma's arm while we took pictures.  It was so sweet to have Grandma with her great-granddaughter.  Sweet times.

So Anna had her first experience with jewelry making.  She wants to start making bracelets so she made one for Adam's birthday.  She got some really neat beads from online.   She worked on it lastnight.  It was much harder than she guessed and took her way longer than she thought it would.  But it turned out nifty.  So I am anxious to hear what Adam thought.   Anna wants to start making her own jewelry.  So this was good practice for her.

So I guess this weekend will be quiet.  Nathan and I will be home alone.  He doesn't quite know what to do with himself and I don't really know what to do with having him here.  But we will somehow manage. 

It is sunny and sort of warm here today.  I hope it is sunny in your little corner of the world.  Happy weekend!!

No comments: