So today it finally dawned on me that I needed to figure out how to send money with David. So Nathan called our credit union to ask if they do a Visa card that we can load. While he talks to them they ask my account number, Nathan's social, the password, etc. They lady then asks if this is Mr. Ritchie. Nathan says yeah, I am Mr. Ritchie. The lady on the phone says well it says here you are deceased. Nathan is like well, that's my dad, thanks.....he told me later it occured to him he should have said he had been resurrected!!!!
I think David is ready to go. He got his cleats today. We had been pricing them for several days trying to decide which ones he wanted. We went to the store this afternoon and he found a pair he really liked that were a little more than we planned. The kid who helped us asked his manager if they could sell the shoes to David at the sale price even though they weren't on sale. So they did.
He is getting nervous. He told Anna that he isn't sleeping much at night anymore. I asked him if he is a little worried about being gone so far from home. He told me yes. He will be fine. He will be in good hands, with good people who will take excellent care of him. So I am not too worried.
Anna is sick. Nothing too serious. She gets tonsilitis every year, several times. She has it now. She asked me today if she can get her tonsils out duriing Christmas break. So I am going to call the doctor tomorrow to get things arranged. All her life the doctor has told her the next time she gets tonsilitis she will get her tonsils out. So now she just wants to take matters into her own hands.
School starts Wednesday. I am not nervous. I guess I just have too many other things on my mind to be nervous over school. I got a small calendar to keep track of things. As I was writing in it today it occured to me that I am REALLY starting school. If nothing else it will be an adventure.
We had snow on the ground Friday. About 1-2 inches. For the former Idaho people among you, I know you miss the snow in October. I know, it's ok to admit it.....I don't mind you can tell me.......Thankfully it lasted for the day. Nathan and I raked leaves in the yard today. This is the time of year I don't like having a big yard......there is no way to get everything done. The leaves aren't even from trees in our yard. They are from the neighbor's yard. Damn trees.
I talked to Leah for a very long time lastnight. We aren't able to talk often. They don't have phones right now so it takes juggling for her to call. But they were at Matt's brother's so he let Leah use his phone. She sounds very depressed. I am so worried about her.
She will be here in three weeks. Her plan is to finish school here. She can do it without having to pay a ton extra money. I am so glad she continues to hold onto that idea. I hope when she gets here we can get her in a better place, feeling better about her life, and give her time to make decisions only she can make which are hard. It is hard to know she is having such a hard time and there is so little I can do.
Right now life is going ok for us. There are still struggles. I can't even give you an idea of what's going on. But for some reason I feel really at peace. I have found myself off track in my relationship with my Heavenly Father. I got off track for a few days. It is so hard to get back on track again. But he is still there, holding me up through things which I wouldn't be able to handle. I am so grateful for that.
I was at Walmart over the weekend and I saw Steffen. He was in line at the checkout. I looked over, he was there.......I was like, "oh Steffen's at Walmart"......then when I realized I had just seen him I looked back over and he was gone. It is the first time I have seen all of him. It was the Steffen I remember. The veil is thin. He is watching over us, doing all he can to help us be better, stronger, on track. Boy I miss him. I could use a few stupid jokes in my life right now. Several weeks ago the boys went to visit a friend of Steffen's. David went in first. Nathan said he didn't want to go in because it was Steffen's place. But he decided he would visit with the friend too. Nathan said as they got into the guy's office Steffen was there. Nathan didn't see him, but could feel him there and knew he was glad the boys were visiting his friend. The guy told my boys that he misses Steffen a lot. I so forget about how much others miss him. I am so narrow in my own world that I think it is only us. I am glad other people remind me what he meant to them too.
Life moves on. I am so glad Thanksgiving is coming soon. It is my favorite holiday. (OK, actually the 4th of July is, but Thanksgiving is my second favorite). I keep asking the kids what we want to do for dinner. No one has an idea. It might be harder than we think. But I am soooooo looking forward to it anyway.
I will run. I have a short time on the computer tonight and have lots to do. I hope there is sunshine in your world. There is here. Happy Monday Night!!!!!!!
1 comment:
Mom I thought I'd tell you I'm FINE and I CANNOT wait to come home.
I love you and I'll see you in 21 days!
Leah
ps. good luck at school you're gonna LOVE it!
Post a Comment