I didn't realize it had been so long since I have been here. Sorry. Life has just been so busy and I can't always get to the library. But today is my no school day so I have time to catch up a little.
It is sunny and "warm" here. Meaning there is no snow on the ground, it isn't snowing, the wind isn't blowing, layers of clothing aren't necessary. By the standards of this time of year in Southeastern Idaho it is "warm". I am not complaining. I know the bad stuff is coming.
David got home last Wednesday. He had a great time. He played hard, won a bronze medal, met all sorts of people, and traded just about everything he owned for jerseys, shorts, and jackets from other teams. He came home with a suitcase full of stuff. He took tons of photos which I will get posted as soon as I can.
He went back to work this morning. He got there an hour early so he could be part of the morning meeting. He wanted everyone to see the medal he got. He told us we need to be grateful we live in the US.
School is going well. We did color last week. I didn't do the greatest job on my doll. This week is cutting. I am left handed but have always cut with my right hand. I plan on learning to cut hair with my right hand, but the learning leaders are giving me a hard time. They think I should learn with my left. I have held our scissors which we use for our doll heads in my right hand it felt "right" so I think I am going to just use my right hand.
I am still enjoying it a lot. There is so much positive energy in that school. I applied to be on the Student Council which I will know about on Wednesday. I really hope I am chosen. I want to take advantage of everything I can while I am there.
Leah comes home next week. I am so looking forward to her being here. I don't think she is quite certain which road she will take once she is here, but she is trying to figure things out. Alot has happened to her in these last six months. The more I find out the worse I feel. I keep thinking I should have seen the signs more. Paid more attention to things. I hope she can find her way again. Abuse damages so much of who you are. It will be hard, but she is strong which will help her so much.
The coolest thing happened last week. We have some good friends who Nathan called to see if he would come help Nathan give me a blessing. He said sure, brought his wife and came to the house. We visited a bit to just let him know a few things which are going on. Nathan said a prayer, then our friend was going to give me a blessing. As he tried to he felt that he wasn't the one to give the blessing. So I said ok, Nathan can, not a problem. As soon as our friend and Nathan put their hands on my head, Steffen was there. He stood right in front of me. He was the one giving me the blessing, not Nathan. Afterwards I said to Nathan the blessing was from Dad. Our friend said he had felt that too. The veil is thin. Steffen is doing so much for us.
I have been reading in Alma lately. If you haven't read through Alma recently it would be a good idea to go there. He doesn't mince words. I want to be on the right path so I can receive the blessings.
Life moves on. We have one new baby in our extended family and one new missionary. Hard to believe. Everyone is so grown up. I wonder where time has gone?! I will run. I have to do a little research for Anna. Happy Monday!!
No comments:
Post a Comment