I woke up this morning to the sound of a snowplow. There are several inches on the ground. It seems there is a storm today, but a really big one coming through the weekend. Considering we haven't really had any snow this year it is exciting to think we are finally getting a little.
We are doing well. Nathan is so excited. He has wanted to go into the Army since he was 18. He has tried and tried to get in. At first he got very sick with colitis which totally wiped out those plans. Then in the three years since that he has tried, but couldn't ever make it work.
When he came home from Kansas, met with our bishop and was told he would not serve a mission he decided to go into the Army. The sargent in the recruiting center needed all Nathan's medical records so he could send them off and let the Army decide. They decided he couldn't join.
But yesterday Nathan got a message from a different sargent in the recruiting center who said they want him. So Nathan is thrilled. He is calling today to find out what he needs to do.
It would be soooo good for Nathan. He is so at loose ends, trying to figure out what he is suppose to do, what direction to move in. The kids he went to school with are for the most part home from missions, busy with college, getting married. At least with the Army Nathan would have direction. He would be learning, doing something, maybe finding himself.
I am not crazy about the thoughts of war. But he is an adult who is able to make his own decisions. It would just be good for Nathan to be doing SOMETHING where he can't change his mind every other day. So I guess we'll see what the sargent has to say this morning.
David begins Special Olympics next week. It is floor hockey time. Leah, Anna, and I are all going to be volunteers. We decided if David is going to be involved so are we. He is so looking forward to starting up again. It has been a nice break. He continues to be busy with work. He is a cashier and the front end loves him because he is so fast and can move a very long line very quickly.
Anna is exploring colleges. She has decided she wants to study culinary arts. That is so funny to me considering until recently she burned everything she cooked. But she is really leaning towards that, so she has been looking at different programs.
Anna has also found a new crush. Adam's cousin is here from Arizona. Apparently he is very "hot", so that is the conversation this week. Everything that has come out of her mouth has been about Adam's cousin, what he's done, said, looks like, etc. No threat to Adam at all.
Matt is still here visiting until Friday. It seems that things are completely over for him and Leah. He refuses to see that anything is wrong. He hasn't done anything to hurt Leah. He won't get help, isn't interested in getting help. He isn't even that concerned that Leah lost a baby.
Leah has begged Matt to get help. She has given him every chance to make things right. But during this time Matt has been here she realizes that she has a huge monkey on her back. When he isn't around the monkey isn't there.
I feel terrible for both of them. I can't even guess what happened to two kids who were so crazy about each other. But as the mother of an abused daughter I know I would have a hard time letting Leah go back to the way things are. I am glad she decided on her own how things are and how she wants them to be. Easier her deciding when she is safe instead of when she has been hurt even more.
The dog debate continues with Anna. She is determined she will end up with a great dane. I did tell her if she got a job she could have one. Since she won't get a job I haven't felt too worried. But now the job debate begins. I do know how this will end up. No great dane.....
Well, it is time to get the day started. I have tons of stuff to do. Hopefully in your world life is good. It is snowing in ours!!!! HURRAY!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment