Friday, January 8, 2010

Thank Heavens It's Friday!!!

On Wednesday Leah and I had the chance to go help clean at the temple.  Our temple has four floors.  We got to do the "basement" floor which is the baptistry.  I vaccumed, dusted the baseboards, and mopped.  Leah got to clean the oxen at the font and mopped the floor under the font.   It was a really good thing to do.  We might have the chance to go again in a couple of weeks.  I sure hope we can. 

Today I did my first service at school.  I colored Leah's hair.  She wants to go more blonde. So we put highlights in it.  It went pretty well, I did most of it myself with ALOT of questions, and tons of patience from Leah. 

It looks so good.  Leah loves it, was a good sport and it was a huge confidence builder for me to actually do  the service, do a decent job, have someone like it, and have other people tell me what a good job it is.  I am so in the right place doing the right thing for me and my family.  Tomorrow Anna is my "victim".  It might be a totally different story at the end of the day.  She is sooooo hard to please, so she might be REALLY mad at me.

It has been cold here the last few days.  Not as bad as our friends who live in the midwest, south, southeast, etc.  But cold still.  I hope all of you who are being affected by the cold are doing ok.  I know how miserable it is and how hard it is to get out and about.  Stay safe.

We continue on with no car.  Who knows how much longer this nightmare might go.  A friend of David's came lastnight and took us to the grocery store.  We haven't been anywhere in a week, so we felt like hostages who had been released to the world.  It was weird to be at Walmart.  But we got our shopping done, it was nice of David's friend to help us out. 

We are doing ok.  I will try to upload photos of David's trip to China.  I tried earlier, but they wouldn't load.  I will try again when I am done here.  Happy weekend!!!!  Be safe, have fun, take care.  :)

No comments: