I got my cast today.....yes it is BRIGHT PINK. This is Leah's contribution to the day. She talked me into it. Thankfully the break isn't too bad so the cast is on for 4 weeks. I can tell it is going to be frustrating, but I can use my fingers which is good.
We made a very fast trip to KC for Grandma's funeral. We drove straight through. 20 hours. The family had to wait the funeral for us for about 20 minutes (thank you soooo much). The service was lovely, grandma looked peaceful. Almost all of grandma's grandchildren were there, of course, her children, and in-law children. We are quite the crowd when we are all together.
While we were there my grandma died. She died the day after her 96th birthday. We didn't go to the funeral, just my dad and brother did. My brother and I talked about what we remembered of her. She canned, gardened, quilted, sold her wares at the market, let us play with her wooden spools, made the best coleslaw, raised three boys, worked hard, was a wife, mother, sister, grandma........Rest in peace, sweet grandma.......
I am out of school until my cast comes off. I couldn't do much, so now I have to figure out what to do with my time. I have tons of organizing to do in the house. So I guess that will be my project. Cleaning, cleaning, cleaning.
Nothing too exciting here. A little more snow on the ground than when we left. Still no car. I did find out that the engine exploded, so it needs a whole new engine. No clue how long that will take. I am hoping that things settle down a bit so I can actually catch up a bit.
Hope all is well in your corner of the world......it is crazy as always here.

1 comment:
I <3 your pink cast :]
love leah
Post a Comment