Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Do Magic Wands Really Exist?????

Nathan, Leah, and I went to McCall, Idaho over the weekend to watch David play floor hockey in state games for Special Olympics.  The drive over is really not bad.  It takes about seven hours.  It took us 10 going and 12 coming home.

Going we got lost, coming home Leah and I left the hotel, got clear to Boise got a message from David that he and Nathan were still at the hotel so we had to turn around and drive clear back to pick the boys up.  (about an hour and a half each way) Don't ask for details.  Enough said that I told Nathan he was very lucky I didn't fling his body down the stairs at the hotel. 

Oh, David's team won first place in their division.  I always love Special Olympic events.  Nothing like hanging around a lot of Special Olympians to get your mind in the right place.  I am so grateful David is involved and has been able to do so many things.

The house is pretty much cleared out.  We went out yesterday to clean out one last closet.  I knew we had a lot of  food storage.  I just didn't realize how much.  I have no idea what we are going to do with it all.  We have enough jam to feed the entire town for about two years.  I don't dare throw anything away because I feel guilty about it.  Too many years of living with Steffen to let me just throw out food storage.  Although I did make up for that in all the other junk I threw away.

We visited with our bishop for a few minutes tonight.  Nathan had an appointment with him.  So David, Leah, and I went over to the church to pick Nathan up.  The bishop is an amazing man.  I think we are so fortunate to be in his ward.  He is going to be a huge help to Nathan which I am so grateful for.  Nathan needs someone to help him and if the bishop can give Nathan a good guide to move forward I think that is wonderful.

Leah called to talk to Matt today.  He wasn't home, but his mother wanted to talk to both Leah and me.  Matt's parents have tried to stay very neutral about the situation with the kids.  They have told Matt that he and Leah need to talk and try to figure out what they both want.  I agree with that.  So Leah called Matt later.  It ended up in the circles which both of them are famous for.  So I guess things stand where they are.  It makes me sad.  I don't want either of them hurt, but I really wish they could have figured things out and decided they were in this together.

I wish I could wave a magic wand to ease the hurt my children feel.  I wish their troubles were easily solved with kisses and bandaids.  We are way past that point.  There is nothing I can do.  I can pray, listen, hope; but that is really about it.  I would love it if life were easier for all of them.  But it isn't and probably never will be.  But I do know that we are not forgotten.  I have felt that at other times in my life, but at this point I know we are not.  The Lord knows us.  He knows our needs; he is waiting to help.  Too bad we aren't able to ask for his help more often.

I will run.  It is late and I have a few things to do.  Happy Tuesday!!!!

No comments: