Sorry it's been such a long time. Our computer got a virus, so it went off to the computer repair place. It's done, but it will be the end of the week before we can pick it up.
I am cast FREE!!!!!! It came off last Thursday. Everything looks good. I am wearing a brace for four weeks, then I go back to the doctor for another xray, then it should be good. It feels much better. I have been using it, moving it around and everyday it is better. I am so glad. Tomorrow I get to go back to school.
Anna ended her trimester last Friday. She was worn out from trying to make up work, get things done. I think she got it all figured out. Today began the last tri of her junior year. She has a better schedule this time so it should be better. Hard to believe she is ending her junior year of high school. Where has time gone??!! It seems she just started riding the bus to kindergarten.
David goes over to McCall, Idaho for state games on Friday. He is playing floor hockey. We are going to be able to go over. We haven't ever seen him play in state games because they have always been in Boise. David leaves Friday morning early, we are leaving Friday afternoon when Anna gets out of school. It is about a 7 hour drive, so that will be thrilling. But it will be a nice break for a few days.
The creeping crud has gotten us this last week. Everyone has been in various states of feeling gross. I think Leah has it worst. She can't seem to get rid of it. She feels good one day, then terrible for a few, then good again. It will be nice when we can open a few windows.
We have been working at the house trying to get things cleaned out. Nathan, Anna, and I went over on Saturday. We took tons to the dump. Anna had a really hard time being there. I guess I didn't think about this is the house where my family grew up. Anna wasn't able to be in the house at all. She helped load stuff from the porch, but she refused to go into the house. Today we went out to try to get the bed frames apart. Leah, Nathan, and I went. Leah told me later that she was bothered to be there. It is hard to think that the whole era of living in the country in the house the kids grew up in is over. While it isn't a bad thing it is still hard. The kids won't be able to go "home". I finally realized how weird that is. I am still able to go "home". Even though the house is a lot different than when I was growing up, it is still in the same place, same neighborhood, many of the same neighbors. So I can see how strange it is for my kids. They will just get to drive by and remember.
I think that pretty much sums it up for us. We are doing ok. Just trying to get into the grove of school, work, house, all the usual "stuff". I am looking forward to being busy again. It will be nice to have a schedule again.
I do have one thing to add. I have one child who has been asking me to make this blog private. I have refused. I don't know for certain who reads it. And I actually don't care who does. There isn't much here that's exciting so I haven't worried about it. But we do have one regular reader, maybe even two readers who keep track of us and report to their extended family EVERYTHING that pertains to one of my children. I don't really care, I don't even think my child really cares I just think it is really funny. So to our one or two readers......I really hope that what you find here makes you feel good about yourselves and what you have to report to others makes you feel even better. I know that somehow this gives you an element of control. I hope you enjoy it. :)
2 comments:
Hi Dawn...it's Lisa. I'm one of your readers! :) I'm glad that your blog is open for us to read. I enjoy keeping up with your family and knowing that you guys are doing okay. Congratulations on the new place. Sorry I didn't make it to your open house...I was watching nieces who were sick and my hubby was sick too. I hope it went well for you. Tell the kids "hi" for me. Have a good day!
Just so you all know she is talking about two people with the last name of York. :]
Post a Comment