Monday, April 19, 2010

It feels so like spring; don't get too excited winter is on the way back

For nearly a week we have had such nice weather.  It feels so good to have the days warm enough to have the windows open, not have to wear layers of clothing, and just for  the sun to be shining.  Of course cooler weather and wind is arriving tomorrow for most of the rest of the week.  It really is only April.

I went to school for a few hours today to sub for someone who needed to go to an appointment.  It was good.  I got to do a haircut on a girl who had super thick hair and a cut I had never done before.  It was good.  I did a good job, my learning leader liked it, didn't have to refine much, but most imporatntly the guest really liked it.  So I got something done today.

I am considering killing my children.  Is that ok to admit that??!!!  Nathan got a job.  He was suppose to start training next week, but the company called pushing back his training for six more weeks.  It isn't that big of a deal but it is that big of a deal.  He got an email today from someplace else with something else which is just a few weeks smack dab in the middle of the summer which he wants to take.  It doesn't make sense; but since this is Nathan I am dealing with NOTHING makes sense.

Anna had a college fair at her high school last week.  All the colleges from Idaho came.  She talked to a lady from the University of Idaho.  They have an architecture program which she wants to do badly.  The lady really talked it up.  So in two weeks we are making a road trip to Northern Idaho to check out the college.  I don't mind.  I am so glad she finally figured things out, knows what she wants, there is a college she actually is interested in going to and it is not  in San Diego.  But now there is more pressure to do better in school.  She is a very good student, has a decent GPA but  puts more pressure on herself to do better.  Why can't she be graduating this spring???

A few weeks ago Paul Mitchell had a fashion show.  One of the girls asked Leah if she would be a model.  So the girl colors and cuts Leah's hair.  Now Leah had gone fairly blonde, but decided she was  tired of the upkeep of blonde, so decided going dark would be good.  The girl doing the service didn't make it very clear that Leah would end up with pretty short hair.  So Leah has brown hair, which looks amazing.  But it is VERY short.  So now Leah wants blonde hair again and is mad because her hair got cut short.  It looks great but isn't what she wants so who knows how long it will take to grow back and how long until we can make it lighter.

David is sweet David.  He is waiting to here if he was selected to be part of the Torch Run in Nebraska during July.  His good friend Jim nominated him.  Special Olympics basketball started.  There are so many players there have to be three teams.

I spent all of yesterday so depressed.  I don't know why exactly.  Late lastnight I drove out to the cemetery.  I haven't been there in awhile.  I don't go as often as I should.  But once I got there I just sat and cried.  I went out by the house.  For some reason it bothered me lastnight to think our lives there is no more.  I have no idea why.  The situation we are in now is so much better but lastnight it really bothered me.  I kept thinking how I would just like my life back.  I have to admit I have gotten used to the new "norm", whatever that is.  I am enjoying school, the kids are really doing pretty well, living in town is perfect, we have good neighbors, a great ward, life is ok.  No reason to really be depressed.  Maybe just the season.

One really cool thing happened on Friday.  I was at school sitting at a station working on theory stuff for the afternoon.  A friend of Steffen's had called in the morning before I went to school asking if I would be there because he wanted to come for a manicure.  So as I was sitting doing my bookwork I kept watching the doors up front.

At one point two men walked in.  They were probably a father and son.  Both very tall, the dad was dressed in a light blue button up shirt and tan slacks.  I watched them both for a minute thinking "wow those are some tall guys."   When I looked back up front again Steffen was walking in behind them in his light blue button up shirt and tan slacks.  He looked just like the Steffen who was "ours".  I have no idea why he came to see me on Friday.  But it was nice.  Too bad I can't talk to him.  I could use his advice.

Life moves on.  Just about the time I think I have a good handle on things something else happens.  I guess it is good to not be able to get to comfortable.  Need to be on my toes a little more.

I will run.  It is time to try to figure out dinner and finish laundry so I have clean clothes for school this week.  Happy Monday.  Hope the sun was shining in your corner of the world. :)


Oh, I totally forgot.  A few weeks ago I talked to my dad.  I hadn't talked to him for a few weeks so I felt so out of the loop.  I asked him what was new.  He had spent the weekend in southern Missouri at his uncle and cousin's funeral.  The cousin lived with his dad.  Somehow the house caught on fire burning both of them badly killing  them both.  When Dad told me I could tell how depressed he was.  His uncle was just about 8 or 9 years older than my dad.  So they had pretty much grown up together.  Uncle Raymond's birthday is in late September so every year there was a family reunion and fish fry down in the country.  When I told Dad how sorry I was that this had happened Dad kept telling me "well, it's just one of them things sis, it's just one of them things." (say with southern accent).  I told Dad that yeah it is one of them things but it still is a yucky thing.   My poor dad.  I hate that he is getting old, but I hate that people in his world are getting older.  But I guess it's just one of them things, sis, just one of them things. :(

No comments: