Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Seriously

I have two new readers this last week or so.  So to each of you welcome.

In writing I seldom know before hand what I am going to write.  I usually just sit, think about what's going on and start typing.  Sometimes I do go over in my mind what I want to say, something that's happened, etc. 

Today is the same.  Leah got the papers back from Tennessee on Monday.  Matt was served last week.  His signature on the paperwork is barely readable.  I think I am glad I wasn't the one who gave him the papers.  Leah dropped them off at the courthouse Monday afternoon.  Things will be final at the end of the month.  I think for a very long time this will make me sad.  Even though Leah will tell you she's "fine".....she cried when she opened the envelope.  Something she doesn't do often, so it is hurting.

David found out last week he has been selected to go to Nebraska in July.  It is for the police officers torch run.  He will start out in Omaha, then I think, travel most of the state.  He will be gone for about 10 days.  He is so excited.  Special Olympics has given him many oppurtunities.  He has slipped from the lead with the Children's Miracle Network.  When I asked a day or two ago he was in third place, so he is disgusted.   There are still several weeks left so who knows??

As so many school districts around the country are struggling ours is the same.  Anna wasn't suppose to finish school until June 3.  But the board decided to let them out next Friday.  It is a few days earlier.  While it will be nice for her to be finished as usual there are tons of projects to finish, stuff she has put off, stuff she just needs to finish and just stuff.  So hard to believe she is finishing her junior year.  What happened to my baby?

I did a couple of hours of sub work tonight at school.  It is a good thing to do.  I have hours I need to make up.  I cut an 18 year old boy's hair.  Let me say I am so glad to not be 18, a boy and obsessed about my hair.  He had to tell me how to cut it, kept running his fingers thru to make sure it was "right" and asked if I could wash it again after the cut.  I cut my finger so I didn't get to finish it totally, but it turned out well and no he didn't get a wash after the cut.

In the last few days I have heard from a couple of Steffen's friends. One called to see how we are doing the other I emailed to ask a question and when he emailed me back he told me how much he misses Steffen. I so forget there are other people who miss him. This weekend it is 17 months. Hard to believe where time has gone. It seemed that 17 minutes afterwards that we would never reach a place of peace. Or even 17 days or weeks. But here we are.
 
Life moves on. I have learned one new thing in the last few days. Sometimes there are people who come into our lives for a season. They leave and while we don't forget them they are gone. Sometimes we are lucky enough for them to come back and we get to renew friendships. Sometimes when that happens we are so lucky. Today I am lucky.

I have to run.  Leah just called and the car is dead.  I hate cars.  I hate having to own one.  I hate it that my dad, the best mechanic I know, lives far far away.  So now off to figure out what's up.  I hope all is well for you.  I thougth we were doing ok, but now who know's???????

No comments: