Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Funeral, Snow, and other things

Today was Juliet's funeral.  It was beautiful.  Her parents appear to handling things well. (Apperances are so decieving).  Both of her grandfathers spoke.  They taught the plan of happiness, spoke of the Atonement, the Resurrection, being with Juliet again. 

I find myself thinking about these things.  I have no idea the pain of a child's death.  Although I do understand death, not a child's.  I have no idea the pain, but I also have no idea what life would be like without knowing that Juliet's ok, she with those who love her, she's busy doing whatever it is she needs to be doing at this time.  I am so grateful for Heavenly Father's plan; we lived with him, we come to earth to get a body, we do all we can do here, then we return home.  I imagine "home" to be a place of peace and beauty.  I know Juliet is in good hands.

The snow has begun.  We got about 2 inches or so on Monday.  It was just barely snowing this morning and is suppose to more through the night.  I know all you former Idahoans are really missing the weather.  Let me know and I'll try to send it your way.  HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

The excitement in our lives this week is Anna has pneumonia.  She has been sick for a long time.  Finally on Monday evening she called from Adam's, she's had a terrible asthma attack and it hurt terribly.  I told her I was on the way right then to get her, but she begged for another hour to get homework done.  When she got home I gave her the option to go to the ER or wait til the morning.  She started to cry (something she rarely does) and told me it had never hurt like that before.  So off to the ER we went. 

The nurse was a jerk.  He looked over the three of us (Leah went with me) and told us he couldn't tell which one was sick.  Anna was like "its me".  So the doctor ordered an xray.  When he came in with the results he was surprised, it's pneumonia.  Her right lung has a fair amount of fluid, the left lung not so much.  So she was put on an antibiotic and steroid.  She's been home the last two days.  This afternoon after I finally got home and settled a bit she was having pain again.  I called the doctor back.  He's concerned things have gotten worse.  We just finished with another chest xray and lab work.  Probably won't know the results until morning.

I have to admit I'm scared.  Anna doesn't complain about not feeling well.  She doesn't most of the time, so she's sort of just gotten used to living life without feeling well.  So when she isn't able to do the things she likes or wants I know it isn't a good thing.  This isn't a good thing. 

Life moves on.  I will let you know the results of Anna's xray and lab work as soon as I know.  Happy Wednesday night!!

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Hi,Dawn. I sent you pictures of the twins in your email and also wrote you a note. Nathan we love you. You are important to us.
Love, Aunt Kath