Friday, March 18, 2011

Health Scare

I've never been one to be sick.  Considering everything in my life I've always had good blood pressure, blood sugars, cholesterol.  Yesterday afternoon I was doing dishes.  I suddenly got very dizzy.  I was afraid of falling on the kitchen floor, which has tile.  I managed to make it to the living room, making a nose dive into the chair.  I called Anna mumbling that I needed her to get home fast.  By the time she and Adam got here , I was on the floor unable to move. Anna called an ambulance.

I was taken to the hospital.  The doctors did an EKG, blood work, and CT scan.  Everything came back perfect.  I have a bit of an ear infection.  The doctor was baffled why I was so dizzy, have a bad headache, and fell to the floor.

I feel some better  today.  I still have a headache, am a bit wobbly on my feet.  I haven't moved far.  Either the couch or chair.  The doctor said if I'm not feeling better in a day or two to go back and there are more tests they can run.  I'm really hoping by tomorrow I'm feeling better.

This scared Anna almost to death.  When she got home and I was in the floor she didn't know what to do.  I couldn't be much help, I couldn't open my eyes and I was still pretty mumbling.  Poor Anna she had to handle everything alone.  She did an amazing job, held up well, and conducted herself perfectly.  I am fortunate to have her.

Life never seems to be what you expect.  Some days things are moving right along, other days the rug is slipped out from under you, and some days you just try to pick the pieces up.  Today, all three of those things.   Happy Friday!!!  Enjoy the weekend.

No comments: