Today is Steffen's birthday. He would be 47.
What can I say? I miss him. I wish he was here so we could just visit.
David and I went to the temple this morning and did baptisms. Steffen was there. I am glad he was, he has been around these last several days which I am grateful for. I have needed him.
Leah and Matt got to Kansas City this afternoon. They are with my dad. My dad and Matt are from the same part of the world. Dad grew up in Southeastern Missouri just an hour or so from where Matt grew up. Leah says listening to the two of them talk is like being dropped into hicksville and being told you have to stay there awhile. But they are having a nice visit. Leah said Grandpa just smiled when he saw them. It is good for them to be there. This evening they are going over to see Grandma. She will be thrilled to see them, too.
On Sunday the kids and I went to the cemetery. As we were driving back to Steffen's spot there was a HUGE owl sitting on the fence post. He was facing the field next to the cemetery but had his head turned towards the cemetery. He just sat there for a minute. Then as we drove back he flew right in front of us. I am guessing he was about 3 feet tall. A beautiful soft brown and white owl.
Then yesterday afternoon I went over again. He flew right in front of me, then sat in a tree right by Steffen's spot. All I could see was his face in an opening. I think there are two owls over there and they must live there. It is a little weird when they fly by, you feel this "presence" but don't hear anything. They just fly silently by. Weird...
I have still not heard from the college. I have done all of my stuff; figured out my schedule for three semeters, figured out how much my Pell Grant will be. I sent that back to the registar. Now I play the waiting game some more. School starts one week from tomorrow. I would kind of like to know what I am doing so I can make arrangements with work and the kids. I hate being at the mercy of other people who don't care.
Today has been an ok day. I cried this morning. But I also prayed hard, there is peace even though there is so much uncertainty. I hope I can hold onto the peace. I still don't like whats happening in my world. I would like to rewind the clock one year and do a few things over. Maybe not, but wouldn't it be nice if we could sometimes?
The sun is shining here, David is getting ready for Special Olympics and Anna is done with school work. So off we go for another round of running. I hope you can keep up in your world. I am struggling to in mine.
No comments:
Post a Comment