This morning was about -6. I know it is COLD. It is a little early in the season to be this cold. It is usually January weather. But no it has arrived in December and not late December, but the beginning of December!!! Lucky us!
Leah got home last week. She is doing better than I expected, but she is still having a hard time. She hasn't been around people much in these last few months so it is hard for her to adjust to us, let alone crowds. She has been over the the school a few times and enjoyed visiting with some of the girls there. Leah has come home for good. We went on Monday to find out what she needs to do for a divorce. It should be pretty simple. The biggest problem will be if Matt will sign everything without a hassle. At this point I think he will hassle Leah just because he can. But who knows? Maybe he will be ok about it.
School is going well. This week we are doing perms. I don't like perms and would probably charge $500 for the stupid thing. Ok, so not really, but I can't imagine getting any faster with them. I hope practice does make perfect in this case.
We got our Christmas tree up. Last year after the holidays I bought a new tree and a few ornaments for cheap. The tree is white. It is soooooo pretty. It is prelit. It is so bright it is like having a lamp on. I also got a garland which Leah threaded lights through and a few extra pinecones and pretties. It looks like we spent a LOT of money on it, but it was so cheap. It is nice to have a few new things. It is totally different than what we usually do.
We made it through Thanksgiving without too much stress. We did all of our usual things. The early morning Thanksgiving program, making dinner, what we are thankful for, washing dishes, just hanging out. It was a much nicer day than I expected. Steffen was around us most of the day. He was probably mad that Anna decided to not make homemade rolls. We cheated and used frozen rolls, I forgot to make pies, and we didn't have 15 different dishes on the table.
Life moves on. We are doing ok. We are closing in on one year which is harder than we planned. Everyday we remind each other or ourselves that he has been gone almost a year. I still miss him terribly. I could use lots of gossip, a few stupid jokes, and even just a hassle about the kids, dogs, laundry, house, food, medications, doctors appointments, etc......
I will run. It is soooo cold here and I have to get home to do a few things for class tomorrow. I hope you stay warm in your world, we are trying to in ours.
No comments:
Post a Comment