This is about day five of subzero weather. It is thrilling. Ok, so not really, but we can pretend. While I don't care about winter weather for some reason right now I wish it was July.
Two weeks from today it will be one year. I have been trying to remember which week our Stake Presidency came over. I think it was the week before Steffen died. Then two weeks before the singles ward the boys go to brought in a beautiful dinner and did fireworks in our neighbor's yard so Steffen could lay in his bed and watch them out the window.
I cannot believe it has been a year. WOW!! So much has happened and continues to.
So the kids and I were watching TV lastnight, the funniest thing happened. Steffen was named "Steffen" because his dad had a WW2 friend Conrad Steffen who didn't go home from war. Well, there was some scientist on TV lastnight who's name is Konrad Steffen. He almost HAS to be related in some way to "our" Conrad Steffen, the coincidence is just too great. Anyway we had a good laugh about it.
I don't have much to say tonight. It is cold. There is some snow on the ground, we are doing ok, next week I do two days of floor tests to see if I really learned anything during "core", David has a bad cold, Nathan's car died again (after about $1,000,000 in repairs), Leah is getting anxious to start school, and Anna signed up to do Junior Miss in the spring.
Tonight I wish Steffen was here. Things are a bit crazy. I could use his "calmness" in the middle of my chaos. But so life goes, just keep trucking.
I hope tonight is good in your world. Keep warm. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment