Last week the wind chills dipped to -25. Yes, -25 degrees. Yes it was COLD, yes we had frozen pipes, yes the dogs survived, and the car started each and every morning, and no to Anna's dismay she didn't get a "snow day".
This week it has been in the 20's and 30's which after last week seems almost tropical. Break out the swim suits and sunscreen!!!! Ok, I know not really, but it would be nice. We do have some snow on the ground but not alot which seems strange for almost Christmas. We are suppose to have snow off and on during this week so who knows how it will end up!!??
Today was my last day in "core". Those first six weeks of school where students are in the classroom learning the basics of cuts, colors, styling, etc. We tested yesterday and today. I passed everything! Nathan came over as my male "model" today and got a free haircut. He had been letting it grow, so it was LONG but he ended up with a pretty nice looking haircut if I do say so myself.
When the idea of going to beauty school first came to my mind I knew that it had to be a trick. Maybe it was, Steffen is laughing like crazy over me being there. But I am having such a good time, enjoying it so much more than I could ever guess. I am grateful Heavenly Father sent a loud booming voice to get me moving in a new direction.
One week from today will be one year. I cannot believe it. My mind has wondered back over those last days trying to remember. Matt slept on our couch, we were taking turns each night being up with Steffen, he was on enough morphine and adavan which would make most normal people comatose, but he refused to sleep. The day before he died he was up sitting on the edge of the couch. I want to hear him call me "Dawnie", or call on the phone and say "hello dear". I want him to be in the middle of dinner preparations making everyone mad because he just can't let it go. I want him mad over the dogs, the house, the laundry, the fact that the kids are busy, watching the news, talking on the phone. I just want him "here". Even though I know he's fine, I still want him here. Separation isn't easy. Even when you know it isn't the end, it is just for a short season, he really is better off, we are better off, etc.
Forty six is too damn young to die.
Anna finishes school tomorrow. She has to go Friday for a few minutes to have attendance taken then she can leave. She is so looking forward for the break. David is trying to get over a cold which just can't seem to let go. Nathan has an appointment next week at the junior college to figure out classes for winter. Leah is doing well. She and Matt are talking. They have had several nice conversations. They are trying to figure things out and decide which direction to go.
Life moves on. It is busy, hectic, but rather quiet in our world. I hope yours is beautiful. Enjoy this season, take time to listen to the music, the sounds, eat lots, smile at strangers, love your families, BUT most of all take time to be grateful for the birth of a precious child in a humble stable so long ago. He truly is the reason for the season. Merry Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment